Monday, May 6, 2013

Random Monday Musings

My world has been spinning. I've had hardly any time to think, let alone sit down and write an entry.

My mom is here visiting. We actually got to go out on a date night Saturday night and didn't have to pay for a babysitter or be home early enough so as not to offend the babysitter by the late hour. It was bizarre. So bizarre we were still home by midnight where I was so inebriated I promptly passed out on the couch and finally made it up to the bedroom around 3am.

And then I got up 5 hours later and ran. Because I don't care if it's raining, snowing, sleeting, I had a rough night, I had a late night, I had insomnia, insert any excuse here short of injury or extreme illness, I don't miss my runs.

I can feel my runner's knee creeping back in on me. I am at the point where I just don't know what to do about it. I've kept my runs to under 5 miles since my last 1/2 a month ago and I even took 10 days off with complete rest on my leg. Not that it saved my tattoo because it's still shedding and already looking miserable. A foot tattoo is a bad idea, but you know what? It means a lot to me and I don't care if it looks downright stupid from the discoloration, I would not change it if I could go back and do it all over again.

I've got 2 busy days of work left before I embark on a kid-free mother's day vacation. I'm getting hyped up for that for sure. I'm going somewhere that will hopefully be warm and sunny. Since, you know, despite the fact that I live on the Gulf Coast, it never got out of the 60s the past 2 days.

I distinctly remember when I got here exactly 3 years ago today on May 6, 2010. The humidity hit me like a furnace when I got out of my car. That's a far cry from today where I shivered under a blanket with the heat on while temps outside were in the upper 60s/lower 70s. I guess you can say I've acclimated and am a true southerner if I need my heat on in the 60s. Spring has not sprung fully here and I'm beginning to wonder if it ever will. I'm greedy. I like heat and humidity. It's been nice running weather, I'll give it that.

So, this blog has been all over the place, but it's just an update to say I've got no update. Haha.

Give me a week and I'll have a recap of what will hopefully be an awesome vacation.

Happy running!

1 comment: